-You want a drink?
-I wouldn’t mind a drink! Thanks….Mmm this is some good Baileys!
-Actually, it’s homemade Baileys!
-Wow! I can’t believe it’s not the real thing!
Ahahah… this is what happened in my head (yes, I was by myself) after I tasted this Homemade Baileys! So, for all you Baileys lovers, you HAVE to make this!! It tastes the same (to me) but probably almost the same for you guys, because I only have Baileys maybe once a year but this stuff is legit!! (Did I just say legit?)
I made some for Karl’s Grandma (she is the ultimate Baileys lover) and she actually liked it (it’s not usually the case). This has to count for something right?
Anyways! Try it out, it’s a third of the price of actual Baileys and it takes 5 minutes to make it!Recipe from: http://www.recettes.qc.ca/livre/recette.php?id=133923
Course: Drinks Yield: 8 servings Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1 can (300ml) of Eagle Brand (Condensed milk)
- 1 Cup of whisky (Canadian whisky preferably ;) )
- 1 Cup of thick (Champetre) 15% cream
- 1 Teaspoon of instant coffee
- Tablespoon (you don't have to put the coffee, it's optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of chocolate syrup, preferably the Brand Quick
- With a mortar and pestle, grind the instant coffee and make a powder with it.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and pour in a lidded jar/bottle. Keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks (or until the "best before" date on your cream jar.
- Serve with a bit of milk and ice.