This is also a recipe that my mother in law found a while ago in a newspaper. You can make them with whatever you have/like. I chose cranberries, pistachios and white chocolate because I think these flavours are great together and they add nice colours to this Italian cookie. Enjoy 🙂Source: The Manotick/Winchester EMC-November 14,2008
Course: Snacks Yield: 20 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 Cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of shelled and unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 Cup od dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350F (180C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir flour with baking powder and salt.
- Using the electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until well combined. Beat in the eggs,one at a time until well mixed. Scrape down sides as needed. Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually, beat in the flour mixture, then stir in the pistachios, the chocolate and the cranberries.
- Divide dough in two. Place each half on the baking sheet, spacing as far as possible. Form into two logs measuring about 10 x 3 inches.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until golden on top, for about28 to 30 minutes.
- Remove logs from the oven but leave the oven on. Let the logs cool down for 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- Stand biscotti on the baking sheet and return them in the oven for another 15 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze them.
- *To make a white chocolate drizzle,put a cup of white chocolate chips in a bain marie, stirring often until the chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle on the biscotti with the teeth of a fork.