I’m going to let you in on a secret.
I eat a smoothie every single day.
They are amazingly quick and easy to make, sustaining for a couple of hours and are really good for you!
Sometimes (who am I kidding, everyday!) I don’t have time to actually take the time to eat so I usually have a smoothie while working (along with other quick snack like hummus and peppers, bowls of fruits and yogurt).
It makes for a quick and healthy lunch and I just drink it so I can keep working (I know I should really take the time to stop and eat but..)
So if you’re a busy body like me, you might want to invest in a good blender and make smoothies!
Enjoy my lovelies!
Course: Breakfast Yield: 1 servings Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 1 sliced and frozen banana
- 1/2 Cup of very finely chopped kale
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup of vanilla yogurt
- Start by buying a bundle of bananas.
- Let them sit on the counter for a few days and when they are nice and ripe open each of them and slice them up. Place each sliced banana in a plastic bag and freeze them.
- Just before leaving for work, take half of a ripe avocado and chop it. Chop your kiwis and finely chop your kale.
- Place them in your blender (I use a magic bullet). Drop the frozen banana pieces in the blender and then the yogurt.
- Blend for about 20-30 seconds or until everything is smooth. If need be, add a bit of water to help everything blend together nicely.
- Eat now or place in fridge for later. (note that the texture might not be the exact same if you eat it later).