I love Creole food! The spiciness of it as well as the intense flavours! YUM!
So last night, I had a pound of ground pork in the fridge and I had to use it. I had just made Chili soup two days ago so Chili was out of the question. I wanted something spicy and flavourful. So I went online and I found this Emeril Lagasse Jambalaya recipe and decided to try it, but with pork and sausages instead of chicken and shrimps.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!Recipe inspired by: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/cajun-jambalaya-recipe2/index.html
Course: Dinner Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 Pound of ground pork
- 2 chorizo sausages, cooked on the grill, sliced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon of Emeril's creole seasoning (see recipe in instructions)
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 Cup of chopped onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 cored tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of hot sauce
- 3/4 Cup of brown rice
- 3 Cup of chicken stock
- In a bowl combine the ground pork with a tablespoon of Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. Make small meat balls with the pork. In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces and the meat balls. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in rice and slowly add broth and another 1 1/2 tablespoon of Creole seasoning. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. When rice is just tender add the sliced sausages. Cook until the rice is done and the liquid is almost all gone, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):2 1/2 tablespoons of paprika, 2 tablespoons of salt, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder,1 tablespoon of black pepper, 1 tablespoon of onion powder, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano, 1 tablespoon of dried thyme.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.