I love my friends.
I learn from them on a daily basis.
This recipe is a great example of that. The other day, my friend Vonita and I went for breakfast together and as we were talking, she mentioned how her friend had given her this delicious and healthy jam recipe. She said that her daughter loved it (and so did her husband).
So, naturally, I asked for the recipe. Her friend found the recipe on Oh She Glows (Great website!)
Easiest jam recipe ever people! You won’t be making jam with corn starch or gelatin anymore!
Plus, there’s no processed sugar in this recipe! Only maple sugar!
I always shied away from jams because of their high sugar content but now, i’ll be putting some in my greek yogurt to give it some falvorflay and Karl will for sure be putting it over his natural peanut butter on his morning toasts!
So next time you’re in the jam section of your grocery store, get your ”bottom” to the frozen fruit aisle, pick up some raspberries and make some of that jam!
Enjoy my lovelies!
Course: Breakfast Yield: 10 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 3 Cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/4 Cup of maple syrup (the real stuff people!)
- 2 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (Yields about a cup of jam)
- Bring raspberries and maple syrup to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- After about 5 minutes of simmering, throw in the chia seeds. Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until it has thickened. Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer into blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Put into an airtight container and chill overnight.