So i’m hungry every hour or two, which means that I eat about 6 times a day.
We both know how easy it is to reach for bad snacks when you’re hangry (ya, “hangry” is a thing, ask Karl. It’ a healthy mix of angry and hungry…(hangry)).
So what do you eat to stay healthy when you eat 6 times a day?
Hummus with veggies, bowl of fruits, oatmeal, yogurt and…
Gotta love muffins.
Gotta love getting rid of the pound of zucchini I had in my fridge (ahah!). Oh and the 5 overripe bananas we had on the counter ( I bought 10 bananas at the same time, I tell ya, do not send me to the grocery store when I’m hungry, rationality goes out the window as I enter!
I make muffins on a weekly basis (HEALTHY MUFFINS!) for us to snack on when we’re at work.
If you’re anything like us, you probably eat while working (or driving!) so bite size muffins are ideal!
And also, mini bite-size muffins, because, let’s be honest, they’re so cute!
I found this recipe on Ambitious Kitchen and did not change a thing. This recipe is super healthy and delicious as is!
If you are always hungry at work, try this recipe and do like I do: I make a big batch, wrap them in 3’s and freeze them (thawing a porting the night before I plan to eat them). They keep for quite a while and they make for a great snack!
Enjoy my lovelies!
Course: Snacks Yield: 24 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 Cup of whole wheat flour (pastry if you have it)
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Teaspoon of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup of honey
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Cup of shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 2 Tablespoon of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 Cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel! This is an important step.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, add mashed banana, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs; mix until smooth. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and yogurt and beat again until well combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Remember not to over mix the batter — we want moist muffins! Gently fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into muffin cups. The batter will probably reach the top of each muffin liner, but that’s okay — we’re making big muffins! Alternatively you can reduce the size and bake 15 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!