I love Appetizers.
There. I said it.
The fact is, I’m always hungry! So when we entertain or we go somewhere for supper, I love snacking on appetizers!
This little appetizer recipe is so cute and delicious! AND you can make it with low fat cream cheese if you want! (I didn’t).
I know it’s a bit early but I think I am going to make this for Thanksgiving! OR maybe Christmas?
Make sure to but a small amount of cranberries along with a generous portion of cream cheese for the appetizer to balance out the tart cranberries and the creamy cheese.
Enjoy my lovelies!
Alex x0Recipe inspired from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Zippy-Cranberry-Appetize
Course: Appetizers Yield: 30 servings Prep Time: 35 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1/2 Cup of sugar
- 1/2 Cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 12 ounce package of fresh of frozen cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon of horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- mini crackers ( you pick your favourite!)
- In a large saucepan, pour the water along with the sugars and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it is boiling, add in the cranberries and return the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Stir in horseradish and mustard.
- Transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- In the meantime, chop your chives (reserve half for presentation) and place them in a food processor along with the cream cheese and run until smooth and well mixed.
- Just before serving, spread cream cheese over crackers (I used a piping bag).
- Top with a bit of cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.