Happy Easter Everyone!
I saw this kind of treat on Two Peas and their Pod and thought I could do it with my macaroon recipe!
It’s so cute, especially if you have kids 🙂
Now go spend some quality time with your family!
Course: Dessert Yield: 12 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 Cup of white sugar
- 1/2 Cup of golden corn syrup (if not use the transparent one)
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup of all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 36 small Easter Coloured chocolate eggs (like on my pics)
- In a stainless steel bowl (or glass) over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the egg whites, sugar and salt.
- When the mixture is warm to the touch, remove from heat and stir in the corn syrup, vanilla, flour and coconut flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place small mounds (about 1 tbsp) of the dough on to the parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minute or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, Put 3 Easter Eggs on each one, pressing lightly and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container to make sure they don't dry out quickly.