Ok so some people think ginger snap cookies are only to be eaten around Xmas time but I don’t! They are so good!! Just the right amount of spices and sweetness. Yum! Karl actually made these and we brought so over to my dad’s for supper and everyone loved them! I just love the chewy texture! Anyways, just try them, you ill see for yourself 🙂Recipe Inspired from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/grandmas-gingersnap-cookies/detail.aspx
Course: Dessert Yield: 18 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 1/4 Cup of sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered ginger
- 2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup of molasses
- 1/3 Cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly, and sift a second time into another bowl.
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the white and the brown sugar. Beat in the egg, and dark molasses. Sift 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture; stir to thoroughly blend. Sift in the remaining flour mixture, and mix together until a soft dough forms. Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls between your hands. Place 2 inches apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container.