When I want a good meal and no dishes to clean (well almost none), I make this one pot pasta dish. It has so much good stuff in it that I am drooling just thinking about it. The fact that you let it simmer for a while make the flavours that much more intense!
Jut like most of my main course recipes, I usually “freestyle” my way through it, which means that I don’t usually stop to write down the exact measures for every ingredients. Well this time it did! A lady from Chicago who sells Dreamfields Pasta, emailed me so I could try her pasta and then make a One Pot Recipe with them. Since I always love a good challenge, I said sure, why not!
The following recipe is what I came up with! Now I made meatballs since I had ground beef in the fridge but you can also make it with chicken or even shrimps! If you use shrimps, I would add them at the end so they don’t come out rubbery.
Course: Dinner Yield: 8 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 60 mins
- 1 Pound of ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 slices of prosciutto
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 5 big mushrooms, sliced
- 2 680ml can of tomato sauce
- 4 Cup of dried Rotini pasta (from Dreamfields Pasta) or any other pasta company
- 4 Ounce of fresh baby spinach (half of an 8oz bag)
- 1/2 Cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 Cup of bread crumbs
- 4 Tablespoon of cream cheese
- Tablespoon a bit more parmesan to put on top of each serving
- Start by making your meat balls. In a medium bowl, mix the meat, 1 tsp of each of the following ingredients: basil,garlic powder, onion powder, chilli flakes and oregano. Mix in the egg, 1/4 cup of parmesan and the bread crumbs.
- Once everything is well mixed in, In a large and deep skillet, heat up the oil and throw in the garlic, the onion , the zucchini, the mushrooms and the chopped prosciutto. Let it cook on medium heat for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add in your meatballs and brown them ( about 3-4 minutes). Stir frequently.
- Stir in the 2 cans of tomato sauce along with 1 tablespoon of basil, 1 tablespoon of oregano and 1/4 cup of parmesan. Let it simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- *For those managing their blood sugar, Dreamfields Pasta should be cooked separately according to package directions. Set the cooked pasta aside and once the sauce is done, pour it on top of the cooked pasta.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of water. Let the pasta cook, stirring frequently (about 20 minutes). If the pasta dish looks like it does not have enough liquid as the pasta cooks, add a bit more water. Once the pasta is al dente, stir in the cream cheese and the parmesan. Mix in well. Stir in the spinach and let them wilt.