Summer time and the livin’s easy!
I loooove summer (who doesn’t?).
I love having fresh ingredients growing in my backyard.
I love going to the farmer’s market every week end (Yeah, I live in Canada where we have long and cold winters!).
This is when you make this great recipe!
It’s super versatile because you can make it as is (lemonade style), with some sparkling water or even with some bubbles and a kick of vodka!
What I tried doing here is not using refined sugars (I used honey instead) to make this drink healthy and refreshing 🙂
Whatever floats your boat my lovelies!
Use some of that basil you’ve been growing in your backyard and some fresh blueberries from the market!
So if you’ve got a wonderful better half that’s cutting your grass as you are reading this (which is the case for me right now!) go whip (him or her) up a batch of this sweet and lemony fresh drink!
Enjoy My lovelies!
Course: Drinks Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1/4 Cup of organic honey (or maple syrup of agave syrup or simple syrup)
- 1/2 Cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (organic lemons)
- 3 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of homemade blueberry jam (3 cups of blueberries, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, 2Tbsp of chia seeds. Simmer on med for 15 minutes, let cool and refrigerate)
- 1/2 Cup of organic blueberries
- 3-5 big basil leaves (I used genovese basil so my leaves were huge), rolled an finely chopped
- 1 cup of sparkling water *optional* for lighter taste
- 4 lemon slices (optional)
- Start by squeezing your lemon juice. Put it in the fridge for now.
- In a small pot, heat up a cup of water, the honey, basil, jam and half of the blueberries on medium heat.
- Heat up for about 2-3 minutes, while whisking to make sure the honey has dissolved in the water.
- Turn heat off and pour the liquid in a pitcher. add in the rest of the water and the lemon juice.
- Throw in the rest of the blueberries and some lemon slices if you have any.
- Place in fridge for a good two hours or until completely cold.
- I like to pour myself a glass of 2/3 lemonade, 1/3 sparkling water.