Hands down my favourite breakfast/brunch EVER! I remember when I was a kid, all of my friends would come over to eat my mom’s crepes because they were the best! She didn’t really have a recipe so I created my own over the years! Never fails me! What’s great about crepes is that you can stuff them with pretty much anything! They can be sweet (Nutella and raspberry coulis) or savoury (with swiss cheese, bechamel sauce, ham ,baked apples and walnuts).
Course: Breakfast Yield: 2 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup of buttermilk (or milk or soy milk)
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
- butter and vegetable oil to cook the crepes
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, put your flour and make a well in it. Pour your milk, water, butter and vanilla extract in it and start whisking.
- In a small bowl, whisk you eggs together and then add them to the crepe batter.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in the microwave and add it to the batter. Mix well.
- In a pan, melt a teaspoon of butter and a tiny bit of olive oil together on a medium high heat. Move the pan around to evenly distribute the butter and oil.
- When the pan is hot, pour in about 1/2 cup or a bit less of crepe batter. Move the pan around to evenly distribute the batter. Cook until bottom side is cooked and has brown spots. Flip your crepe and take it out of the pan when the bottom side looks like the cooked side. Repeat and enjoy!
- I usually put my oven at 180F and put my cooked crepes in it in the meantime. Keeps them warm :)