Ok so when fall comes, I always buy way too much squash. I get overly excited and I make soup for two weeks straight!!
Karl and I had a red curry craving this week and as you know, I had some squash to use so…I made some soup!!! It was actually quite good too! The creaminess of it was amazing…I love creamy soup!
Recipe by me 🙂
Course: Lunch Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
- 1 medium squash, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves,minced
- 2 396ml cans of coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoon of red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tablespoon of butter
- 4 Tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- Start by cutting your vegetables.
- In a big saucepan, melt your butter. Add in the onions. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high. Add in your garlic,ginger,roasted peppers, red curry paste and squash. Cook for another 3 minutes on medium. If the pan is dry, add a bit more butter to make sure the veggies do not burn. Add your coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Let the soup simmer for about 25 minutes on medium low and stir frequently.
- Once the squash is fully cooked and soft, turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro. Transfer your soup to a blender and puree.