I won’t lie to you, I have no will power when it comes to chips. Crispy & salty? I’m gone!
So since avoiding chips is out of the question, I had to find a way to make them a tad healthier so I wouldn’t feel like dying after eating them!
Well, potatoes are not the healthiest thing going, but sweet potatoes on the other hand…!
Next thing you know, I’m back from the grocery store with a bag full of sweet potatoes!
Chips are usually fried (a.k.a full of BAD oil)
How about we bake them instead?
This will soon become your favourite snack ever!
They’re extremely easy to make! Slice them with your mandoline, soak them for 10 minutes to remove the starch, pat them dry, lightly brush with olive oil, sprinkle spices and salt and in the oven they go!
Look how crispy and healthy they look!
Get your behind to the grocery store and get some sweet potatoes!
Enjoy my lovelies!
Course: Snacks Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- 1/8 Cup of olive oil (guesstimating here so make sure you have more)
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cayenne
- 1/2 garlic powder
- ***You will need a mandoline for this recipe!
- Preheat your oven at 400F.
- Start by slicing your potatoes at a thickness of about 1/8in. In a big bowl filled with cold water, soak your potato slices for about 10 minutes.
- This step in very important! With paper towel, pat each slice dry. This will help the chips to crisp up!
- Take a large cookie sheet and brush olive oil all over it.
- Place your potato slices on the cookie sheet, making sure they do not overlap. Brush some olive oil on each slice. You might have to do a few batches since the slices won't all fit on one cookie sheet.
- Mix you spices and salt and sprinkle half of the mixture on the slices. You want a light sprinkle on each slice. The rest of the spices will be for the other side of your chips. You might have some leftover spice mix. that's ok. If the chips are not tasty enough, ou can sprinkle some more on them later.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven. Flip the chips after 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, while watching them frequently to avoid burning. You want the edges to be crispy and the middle still a bit soft.