Ok. This recipe is ridiculously easy! If you like applesauce or if your kids do, you have to make this recipe! No sugar (I know what your thinking but the natural sugar in the apple comes out while it cooks, which makes the finished product naturally sweet!!!) it’s so good yet so healthy!
I have a thing for snacks so if I don’t have anything good and healthy on hand when I get hungry (who am I kidding, i’m ALWAYS hungry!), I eat chocolate or cookies! That’s why this applesauce is the best! When I get hungry, I eat applesauce and I’m good for an hour! (For normal people it can last longer but my metabolism is on crack so..).
Anyhow! This it!
Course: Snacks Yield: 1 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 5 Milliliter medium apples
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- a pinch of cinnamon (or more if you want)
- Peel your apples and cut them in small cubes (about a centimeter thick).
- In a medium pot, add the apples, the water and the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and then let them simmer on medium low for about 15 minutes, COVERED!
- P.S: The cooking time will be longer if your apples are harder like Granny Smiths or Lobos. Just test the apples as you cook them! I made a batch yesterday and it took about 20 minutes for the applesauce to be ready ( I used Lobos)
- Puree de apple mixture along with the cinnamon if you want a silky applesauce or mash them up with a fork if you like it the rustic way!