These stuffed cherries make a great dessert when you want to impress some guests. They are definitely worth the time and effort. They combine a sweet and tangy flavour with the delicious soft texture of chocolate. Exquisite!Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Stuffed-Cherries-Dipped-in-Chocolate
Course: Dessert Yield: 40 servings Prep Time: 40 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 1/2 bag of fresh dark sweet cherries with stems
- 8 Ounce of cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoon of ground hazelnuts
- 2 Cup of white chocolate chips
- 12 Teaspoon of shortening, divided
- 1 1/2 Cup of milk chocolate baking chips
- 1 1/2 Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Pit cherries through the sides, leaving stems intact. (I use a straw)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts and syrup. Pipe into cherries.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips and 5 teaspoons shortening at 70% power. Microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. In another bowl, repeat with milk chocolate chips and 3-1/2 teaspoons shortening. Repeat with semisweet chips and remaining shortening.
- Holding stems, dip a third of the stuffed cherries into melted white chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Repeat with remaining cherries and milk chocolate and semisweet chocolate. Dip the white-coated cherries a second time to completely cover; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining melted chocolate if necessary. Drizzle white chocolate over cherries dipped in milk or semisweet chocolate. Drizzle milk or semisweet chocolate over white chocolate-dipped cherries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (Makes about 40)