This is the best way to load up on good veggies! Every time we make this stir fry, we try to stuff it with as many veggies as we can. I never really calculate the ingredients (I should do it one day…) but I will write down approximately how much I put in so it can somewhat guide you if you are interested in trying this 🙂
As I was saying, when we make this stir fry, we add loads of veggies like spinach, bok choy, broccoli,etc. All very good for your health and also loaded with vitamins 🙂 The recurring ingredients, aside of the previously mentioned veggies are : Sesame oil, sesame seeds, low sodium soy sauce, peanut butter, celery, garlic, fresh cilantro and “Asian Sesame Marinade” from Kraft. I never put an exact amount of each ingredient, I just “Freestyle it”. Actually, now that I think of it, Roasted peanuts would be a good addition to this recipe.
Anyways, feel free to add or subtract things from the ingredient list to make it your own!
Course: Dinner Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 Tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoon of chopped peanuts (roasted)
- 1/4 Cup of fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 baby bok choy,washed and sliced
- 1 Cup of broccoli, cut into strings
- 1 Cup of bean sprouts
- 2 Cup of fresh and washed baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 Cup of asian Sesame marinade
- 11 tagliatelle nest (pasta)
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil for the pasta. Cook the pasta and drain them. Mix them into a bit of sesame oil to make sure they don't stick together while you are preparing the veggies.
- Start by heating up your oil. Add your garlic,celery,bok choy, peppers and broccoli and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir frequently so the veggies don't burn. Add about 1/4 cup of water 2 minutes in to steam the veggies a bit.
- Throw in your soy sauce,marinade, your peanut butter and the rest of the veggies and cook until the spinach have wilted. Stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Stir in the pasta and serve. Sprinkle sesame seeds and roasted chopped peanuts on top as decoration.