I know I say this all the time but this is the best fresh salsa ever!!! It’s so fresh and perfect for a nice hot day!!http://www.soonet.ca/showthread.php?1331-Lone-Star-Salsa
Course: Snacks Yield: 15 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (5 1/2oz) tomato paste
- 2 small jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 3/4 of a red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- To easily peel tomatoes, cut an X into the top or bottom of the tomato and place in boiling water for a few minutes remove, let cool slightly and remove skin.
- Dice tomatoes, place in food processor add tomato paste, chopped peppers, minced garlic, cilantro, salt, onions and oil. Process until mixed.
- This mixture usually fills my food processor, so I empty this into a bowl; add the can of diced tomatoes and process to chop the tomatoes a little finer. I then put this into first mixture and mix.
- At this point the salsa is ready to serve, but if left to sit in refrigerator for a few hours the salsa will thicken and the flavours will intensify.
- This method produces a fine textured salsa. I you like a chunkier salsa, I sometimes place onions, seeded peppers, cilantro, garlic in the processor whole and process until chopped. I then take the tomatoes and pulse them until I have the texture I like.