We always love to go out to our favourite Thai restaurant and eat great Red Curry chicken but now that we make this recipe, we tend to stay home and make it instead 🙂 Try it, i’m sure you’ll do the same!!
Course: Dinner Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced for sautee
- 6 Tablespoon of red curry paste
- 1 can (14oz) of coconut milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped (julienned)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and julienned
- 10 lime leaves
- 1 Cup of fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoon of fresh lemongrass, grated
- 4 Cup of cooked Basmati rice
- 4 Tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and 3 tablespoons of red curry paste.
- Cook and stir until the chicken is almost all white. Mix in the remaining red curry paste, the vegetables, the lime leaves, the lemongrass and the basil. Cook and stir for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk and let it simmer until the sauce reduces a bit and the chicken is fully cooked. It the consistency of the sauce is not to your liking, you can take half a cup of the sauce out of the pan and add a tablespoon of cornstarch to it. Make sure the cornstarch is well mixed in the sauce to avoid lumps.
- Put the sauce/cornstarch mixture back in the pan and bring to a boil for a minute, until the sauce has thickened.
- Right before serving, stir in some cilantro.