One word: Amazingness!
I love making quick and delicious recipes. Sometimes, you just feel like having a yummy piece of something sweet but don’t feel like baking for 3 hours. Well this is it people!
I mean, the loaves will be in the oven for 40 minutes, but prepping will only take about 10 minutes!
While these babies are baking, you can pamper yourself !! (Any excuse is good in my book!)
When you taste this bread, you will change your week’s schedule to make sure you have time to make it everyday.
Well…I might be exaggerating a tad BUT it is amazing. Truth.
So next time you have a sugary/fruity craving, make this wonderful bread!
Enjoy my lovely bakers!Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cranberry-orange-bread-3/
Course: Dessert Yield: 8 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 40 mins
- 2 3/4 Cup of all-purpose
- 2 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 3/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1/2 Cup of butter, melted
- 1 Cup of mandarin orange segments, drained (or navel oranges)
- 2 Cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 Cup of milk
- 3/4 Cup of sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- *Makes 2 - 8x4 inch loavesChange Servings*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white sugar.
- Mix in the melted butter until the mixture looks crumbly. Stir in the cranberries and oranges. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, sour cream, vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in the pans for a while, then remove from the pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.