A year ago today, Karl and I left for Europe. It was the best time of our lives.
So you can only imagine how nostalgic we are!
To cure our traveller’s blues, we decided to make our favourite dishes from each place where we stayed.
First stop: Barcelona!
Enjoy the delicious app and start planning a trip to Barcelona! You’ll have a blast, I promise!
Enjoy my lovelies!
Course: Appetizers Yield: 12 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 12 slices of whole grain/any flavoured baguette (I chose pumpkin and cranberry)
- 75 Gram of goat cheese
- 1/4 Cup of cream cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of red pepper jelly
- 1 roasted red pepper (In a jar), thinly sliced in 12 circles
- 12 manzanilla olives
- 12 toothpicks
- 12 chorizo slices
- start by putting both cheeses, scallions and red pepper jelly in a food processor. Process until thoroughly mixed and you have an even consistency.
- Slice the baguette and place slices on a cookie pan and bake in oven on low broil for about 3 minutes, until lightly crispy. (Check frequently).
- Take bread out of the oven and place on a plate. Let them cool for a minute or two. While they're cooling, slice the pepper and chorizo.
- Cream each piece of bread with the cream cheese mix. place a slice of chorizo on each piece, along with a piece of roasted pepper and pierce a toothpick through an olive, then through the rest of the pinchos, like shown on the pictures.
- Serve right away and savour while thinking of Barcelona, on of my favourite cities in the world!