I was online looking for recipe ideas when I came across this NO BAKE peanut butter cheesecake! NO BAKE! How awesome is that? Every one of you know how intense it is to make a cheesecake so you know why I was so excited to find this recipe. This cheesecake takes no time to make, seriously no time! You have an Oreo crust with a peanut butter cream cheese filling and a chocolate ganache on top. I have made a few changes from the original recipe but the “core” aspects are still there! Try it next time you have a cheesecake craving :). Please note that even though it only takes less than 15 minutes to make the cake, it does take a while for it to settle in the refrigerator.Recipe Source:http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/no-bake-peanut-butter-toblerone-cheesecake-95341.aspx#.TksSNKzLM28.email
Course: Dessert Yield: 12 servings Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/4 Cup of Oreo Baking crumbs
- 1/4 Cup of melted butter
- 500 Gram of cream cheese (at room temperature) = 2pkg
- 1 Cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- 1 bar (100g) of Toblerone (or 100g of semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1 1/2 Cup of heavy cream
- Mix the crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan with a layer of wax paper on the bottom. Refrigerate 10 min.
- Make sure you butter the sides of the pan to help the cake unmold easily.
- Beat the cream cheese (make sure it is at room temperature!!!), peanut butter and sugar with mixer until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk 1 cup of the heavy cream until you have a soft peak. Whisk the soft peaks into the peanut butter mixture until everything is blended together. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- MICROWAVE remaining cream and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min, mixing frequently to make sure the chocolate does not cook. Let it cool slightly cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Refrigerate until firm. When ready to serve, run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; remove rim.