I love burgers but….I don’t really like the guilt trip I give myself after eating one…..so I thought to myself, If I make smaller versions, I wouldn’t feel AS bad about it right? After all it’s all in my head! Right… Anyways!
On a lazy afternoon, I decided to throw 2 pork tenderloins in my slow cooker, along with 2 brown beers. 7 hours after, wowwww!!! The meet was falling apart beautifully!
I decided to make burger buns but “sliders” style. Cut them in half, mix your pork with you fav BBQ sauce, add a bit of cheese and cilantro on top and there you go!!! Cute and delicious sliders my friends!!
I use a Tequila and Chipotle BBQ sauce, which goes well with the cilantro but jazz it up the way you want!Burger Buns recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/burger-or-hot-dog-buns/detail.aspx
Course: Dinner Yield: 24 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 240 mins
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 dark beers (I used Honey Brown)
- 1 Cup of your favourite BBQ sauce (I used Tequila Chipotle BBQ sauce)
- a handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 Cup of milk
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of butter
- 4 1/2 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package of instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 brick of old cheddar cheese
- Start by putting your tenderloins in the slow cooker. Pour the beer on them and put the slow cooker on high for 6 to 8 hours.
- When the meat is ready, turn off the slow cooker and transfer the meat to a carving board and pull the meat apart with 2 forks to create pulled pork. Take out any pieces of fat from the slow cooker and put the pork back in it's juices and cover.
- Heat up your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until very warm, 120 degrees F (50 degrees C). Transfer into a bowl, sprinkle the yeast on top and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 3/4 cup flour, sugar and salt. Mix milk mixture into flour mixture, and then mix in egg. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Shape into smooth balls, and place on a greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly. Cover, and let rise for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the buns are cooling a bit, mix in your BBQ sauce with your pork.
- Slice your slider buns in half, put a bit of the pork, a bit of cheese (a strong cheddar would be good) and a bit of cilantro.