I am back!!!!….again!!!
And guess what? I am no longer look like a white ghost! Woohoo! It was about time I get some sun on that freakishly white skin of mine!
How was Barcelona you ask?
Fantastic! It was sunny the WHOLE week! not a drop of rain! Lucky us!
I will be posting about my trip soon enough….I guess after I post about my trip to Vancouver!
Anyways! Back to these scrumptious cookies!
Maple syrup is one of our pride here in Canada.
I mean, that stuff is like crack it’s so good!!
I put it in my yogurt, on my crepes, in my granola….
And again, maple syrup is a winner in this recipe!
Now if you think you are going to sneak in some of that fake Aunt Jemima Syrup, think again! You really can’t use the fake stuff here, you have to stay real!!
Anyhow! Next time you buy some of that liquid gold, make sure to keep this recipe in mind!
Recipe from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-cookies/
Course: Dessert Yield: 40 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 Cup of butter, softened
- 1 Cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Cup of REAL (not aunt jemima in here!) maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 Cup of white sugar for decoration
- 30 pecan halves
- It's easy enough:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream the room temperature butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, syrup and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture until well blended. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly. place a piece of pecan on each cookie and put the cookie tray in the oven.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire rack.
- * I made my cookies a bit bigger since I like big cookies. If you do the same, make sure to up the baking time a bit. The key is to check on the cookies frequently!