So who is the genius who invented a CHOCOLATE spread to eat on your toast for BREAKFAST??? Pietro Ferrerro form Italy is the one who invented Nutella…I love you Pietro!!!
It think this is just the best Christmas Gift idea for the Chocolate lover in your family! Plus you can make a double batch and keep a jar for yourself!! (That’s what I did!).
Anyhow…Make sure you have a good food processor!Recipe from : http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-Nutella/
Course: Breakfast Yield: 15 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 7 Ounce of hazelnuts
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 9 Ounce of dark chocolate
- 1/2 Cup of milk
- 3 small jars (mason jars or other style)
- material, ribbon and tags to decorate (if you want!)
- On medium heat, dry roast your hazelnuts for about 10-15 minutes. The nuts should smell toasty, not burnt. BE CAREFUL and stay close to make sure they do not burn because it happens in a second.
- Place hazelnuts in food processor and pulse away. This step takes some time, but you'll be done once the hazelnuts have the texture of peanut butter.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth and just melted. You can add a pinch of salt here if you wish. Remove from heat, and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pour your hazelnut butter into your chocolate mixture, and combine. You will have a very thick dough-like chocolate mixture. Add tiny pours of warm milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Take your Nutella through another round in the food processor if you wish, just to smooth things up a bit. Pour into your jars or enjoy it right away!!!!!