I had breakfast with a few of my good friends a few weeks ago. One of them is intolerant to gluten so I always have fun trying to find new (and good!) recipes without gluten.
This is definitely one of them!
I love this recipe because not only it has become my favourite pancake recipe because it’s delicious but it also does not contain processed sugars or wheat!
It really is healthy!
Add some good old maple syrup, fresh fruits and yogurt on them and you are good to go!http://cookieandkate.com/2012/banana-oat-pancakes/
Course: Breakfast Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2.5 big bananas
- 2 Tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 Cup of oat flour (I make my own: 1 cup of G-F oats in for processor until it becomes a flour)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of himalayan salt (or any salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 Tablespoon of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, coconut oil (or butter), lemon juice and honey.
- Slowly beat in the egg.Beat in the eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk the aot flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Form a well in your dry ingredients.
- Pour the liquid mix into the well and stir slowly, until moist throughout, do not over mix!
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. If it seems to thick, you can add a bit of coconut milk or water.
- Heat up a pan on med-high heat. Put a bit of coconut oil on the pan. FIll a 1/4 cup measuring cup and slowly drip the content of it in the pan. If your pan is non stick, you won't need the coconut oil at all.
- Cook the pancake until you see small bubbles on top, then flip it and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute. I usually put a lid on my pan as it help cook evenly and quicker but it's up to you.
- If you pan is too hot, bring the heat down. You just have to be cautious and check your pancakes while they cook. It should take about 2:30 to 3 minutes per pancake, but again, it depends on your heat source and your pan :)
- Serve pancakes with fresh fruits, yogurt and maple syrup!