Everyone knows how mojitos are awesome all year around, but especially in the summer, with fresh mint from the garden. Well my dad has about 6 mint plants in his Herb garden so I have been going to his house every week to grab some mint to make fresh mojitos. Karl’s sister made this recipe for us not too long ago and i thought it was just wonderful and fresh! She puts fresh strawberries, fresh mints and fresh limes which makes this drink delicious and extremely fresh tasting! YUM! (I have changed the recipe a bit)
Course: Drinks Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1/4 Cup of fresh mint leaves (not packed)
- 2 limes, cut in quarters
- 1/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Liter of club soda
- white rum (as much as you want)
- 1 1/2 Cup of ice
- 6 ripe strawberries (or and other fresh fruit)
- In the mortar and pestle, put your mint, lime quarters, sugar and strawberries.
- Mash them all together to release the juices, oils and flavours.
- Add some of the rum in the mortar and pestle and mix well so the leaves, sugar and strawberry pieces are no longer stuck to the mortar and are in the rum instead.
- Pour the mixture in a pitcher and add enough club soda to fill the pitcher. Add ice and mix well.
- *If you want, you can wet the rim and dip it in sugar to make it look all pretty :)