I love biscuits as a side with pretty much any kind of meal. They just add that special touch! It’s the kind of recipe that you can make last minute since the ingredients list is very basic. 🙂Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=7040&origin=detail&&Servings=6
Course: Dinner Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 All purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of sugar
- 1/3 Cup of margarine
- 1 Cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.
- *Alternative : Add a bit of old cheddar to the batter to make them cheesy! :)