It’s Superbowl week-end everyone!!!!
I am so excited!!!!
Now don’t hate on me if you are a Giants fan, but common, have you ever seen Tom Brady?
I mean REALLY??? You would pick Eli over this?
I mean, if were talking hotness, I think Mark Sanchez is a close competitor!
WOW!!!!…..uhhhh….what’s my name again!?
Did I just use a recipe as an excuse to post pictures of hotties?
What were we talking about? Oh ya….Football….Anyways! All to say that I am a Pats fan (don’t hate!) and that although Tom Brady is (in my dreams) my second husband (love you Karl!), my favourite player is actually Wes Welker! I think he’s just such a great player!
Anyways! Back to food! This dip is a MAJOR crowd pleaser! You can whip it up in 5 minutes, put it in the oven and you are done! As easy as that! AND the most important part is that WHILE you are making the dip and following my step by step instructions, you can have a look at the above pictures and get some eye candy while cooking!!!! I think this is the smartest idea I have ever had….which doesn’t say much about me but…Anyways!
Enjoy the game, enjoy the food and let’s hope the Pats actually win this one!Recipe inspired by: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/145/Kelseys_4_Cheese_Spinich_Dip50365.shtml
Course: Appetizers Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 8 Ounce of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/3 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoon freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoon very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onion (scallion) white and green finely chopped
- 1 Cup of wilted fresh baby spinach, squeezed dry and chopped (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
- a pinch of cayenne and paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan, romano, cayenne and paprika with hand or stand mixer on medium until softened and well mixed.
- Add the red peppers and the scallions and mix on med-low until just incorporated.
- Add spinach and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and top with cheddar. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 - 7 minutes before serving. Serve with fried or baked pita wedges and tortilla chips (nachos).