I know this is the 10,000th time I post a Brownie recipe but, really, is there enough brownie recipes on this earth? I think not!
This one is extra special!
Dark Chocolate – Dark Cherries – Salted Almonds ( or any other nuts! I used Pecans!)
Amazingnessssss I tell you!!!
Yes, I do invent words – I blame it on my dyslexia
For example, I often say slidy instead of slippery (oh ya!) or pLess pRay instead or press play…. Karl says it adds to my charm….(He’s too nice to me!)
Back to the famous brownies!
Sweet AND Salty Brownies? Really?
SO when I found this recipe, I had NO CHOICE (you heard me) but to try this recipe!
When I say that I have no choice, I mean, No choice! When it comes to food, my stomach overrides everything that my brain says and tells my hands to start making food ASAP! So before I could even contemplate making the recipe, my hands were grabbing the flour and the sugar….and here we goooooo!!
I also have to add that it was a good excuse for me to take pictures of our cute little neighbours again!
Isn’t he a natural? He is soooo adorable!!!
And so is his younger brother!
The next one shows Colin’s verdict! Doing the italian “this is delicious” gesture!
Cutest thing ever!
We are so lucky to have these 2 cuties as our neighbours!
Enjoy the brownies guys!
xoxRecipe from: http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2012/07/10/salted-almond-dark-chocolate-and-cherry-brownies-with-ganache-drizzle/
Course: Dessert Yield: 16 servings Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream, (divided use)
- 8 Ounce of dark chocolate baking bard, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of almond extract ( I used vanilla)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup of all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt + 1 tsp of coarse salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Cup of fresh Dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 Cup of Roasted salted whole almonds, chopped ( or any other roasted nuts)
- 1/3 Cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 1/4 cup cream and dark chocolate; stir constantly until chocolate melts. Set off heat and cool to lukewarm–about 10 minutes.
- Pour the cooled butter-chocolate mixture into a large bowl. Whisk in sugar and extract until well blended–about 1 minute. Add eggs one at a time whisking after each addition until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together, then add to butter-chocolate mixture. Stir until no flour is visible, but do not over-stir. Fold cherries into batter then spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle almonds evenly over top of batter. If using any other non salted nuts, sprinkle 1 tsp of coarse salt on top of the batter. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick when inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- After brownies cool, place chips in a small dish. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon cream to hot (not bubbling) in a microwave oven or small saucepan. Pour cream over chips; stir until chips melt. Drizzle ganache over cooled brownie. Let set before cutting into squares.
- HELPFUL TIPS:I prefer fresh dark pitted cherries, however frozen (thawed) can be used–but pat cherries with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Use only quality dark chocolate baking bars for the best results.