I don’t know why I don’t make cheesecake more often….well actually I kind of do but seriously…every time I have a slice of cheesecake, I remember how delicious it is!
Cheesecake was always one my sister’s favourite dessert. Since she is now living in London UK for a while, I will practice the art of making cheesecake until she comes back so when she does come back, she will be greeted with the best cheesecake ever!! She does not like cranberries but she loves strawberries, so maybe next time I make a cheesecake, it will be a strawberry one!
Alex -xox-Recipe slightly altered from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chantals-new-york-cheesecake/
Course: Dessert Yield: 12 servings Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 60 mins
- 15 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 3/4 Cup of milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup of full-fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup of all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon of lemon zest
- 2/3 Cup of cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan. Tightly wrap foil paper around the outside of your pan, to make sure that water does not go through it.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and flour until smooth. Mix in the cranberries. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- In a shallow roasting pan, put the springform pan in the middle and add boiling water around it, until it comes up to the middle of the springform pan.
- Put the roasting pan on the middle rack and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let the cake cool completely and then chill in refrigerator until serving.