Halloween is officially over so I can finally start talking about the holidays!!
I love, love, love spending days making food with my family and friends during the holidays. It truly is my favourite time of the year!
Although I love trying out new wild recipes, I do look forward to making some of our family’s classic recipes.
Do you have classic family recipes as well?
In our family, we love to keep it simple and delicious and that is why quick recipes are often our favourites for the holidays.
Of course, our number 1 recipe is the famous Sweet and Salty Candied Nuts
Why? Because it uses all my favourite nuts, it is quick to make and amazingly delicious!
I always try to make a big batch of this recipe for the holidays and gift wrap small quantities to give out to everyone around me (coworkers, family, friends, etc).
I think these are the cutest little gifts! It sure makes everyone happy!
All this talk about Classic recipes, what about the ingredients!?
When I make this wonderful Candied Nuts recipe, I always make sure to buy Diamond of California Nuts. Why? Because this company is celebrating it’s 100th year of business, which means they know everything about nuts! I have been buying their nuts for year and they are always fresh and great tasting.
Have you ever been on their website? Well I did a few days ago and boy, do they have some good recipes on there!
I tried this particular one because it looked so mouth watering and extremely easy to make! It’s called
Chewy Walnut “Tears Them Away From the Game” Squares and I can assure you that they will tear them away from the game!
Crispy outside, Chewy inside. One word: Amazing. What’s even better is that it literally took me less than 10 minutes to get them ready! The oven wasn’t even up to temperature by the time I was done!
Maybe these recipes will be part of your “Classic” Holiday recipes for years to come!
For more amazing Holiday recipes, visit the Diamond of California Nuts website or check out the Diamond Nuts Recipe Gallery on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiamondNuts/app_179383302108355
Course: Snacks Yield: 16 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped Diamond of California walnuts
- 1 large egg, unbeaten
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Grease an 8-inch square pan. Stir together the egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Quickly stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Add walnuts.
- Spread in pan and bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes (cookies should be soft in center when taken from the oven). Leave in pan; cut into 2-inch squares.
- **I would suggest to put parchment paper in your pan as they were a bit difficult to remove from the pan without breaking the pieces.