What kind of a name is that!?
Well there is obviously a story behind this name and it’s actually a cute one 🙂
Karl’s Grandma was reading a book (she doesn’t remember the name of the book since this was over 15 years ago). This book was a thriller novel and in the story, the serial killer was killing her victims by making them eat poisoned cookies. But what’s really neat about this is that they actually wrote down the recipe in the book! (this is all fiction, no one died from eating these cookies :P)
These cookies are to die for though (see what I just did, to die for/cereal killer cookies?) I know, I should really keep my day job…
Try making this recipe! It’s extremely easy AND quick AND Amazing!
I’m eating one right now! And I won’t tell how many I ate today…because you would judge me! (I am judging myself right now)
Thanks Grandma Apps 🙂
Course: Dessert Yield: 24 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 1/4 Cup of rolled oats
- 300 Gram of semi sweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 2/3 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Cup of packed brown sugar
- 3/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Cup of margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 Cup of chopped walnuts (optional) or any nuts you like
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a small bowl, mix together rolled oats, chocolate chips, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl beat sugars and margarine until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients to sugar and eggs mixture. Mix in the coconut and nuts, if you decide to put some in. Drop by the tablespoon onto a greased or non-stick baking sheet. Bake for approximately 9 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a cookie rack.
- * Make sure to check on your cookies. When the contour is browning, they should be ready (if you want them to be soft and chewy).