Every time it starts getting colder outside, I immediately want warm soup! We had a couple of cold days last week so guess what I have been making??? Actually this following recipe was made by Karl for me because I was feeling under the weather (He’s the best!!!). It was so delicious that I asked him to make a double batch! 😉 When it gets cold in your area, give this soup a try! 🙂
Course: Lunch Yield: 4 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 full onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 1/2 Cup carrots, diced
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 2 Teaspoon concentrated chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup rice
- Fresh Coriander (as much as you want)
- 5 Cup Of water
- Put a large pot on medium heat.Once the pot is hot, add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and cook until onions are tender.
- Add in carrots, celery and keep on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, chicken stock and rice and bring the pot to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium/low and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand blender or a food processor to puree the soup.
- Add as much fresh coriander as you want and Serve! :)