So last night I went in the pantry to get some tea and as I was coming out, I saw a huge spider in the middle of the doorway, just staring at me. In case you didn’t know, I HATE SPIDERS (don’t judge me, you know deep down inside that you hate them too!!!)
So, being the reasonable person that I am, I decided to evaluate the situation and find a way around it!
I stayed in the pantry for about 5 minutes until IT decided to walk away, probably laughing at me histerically…
If you must know, I waited until Karl got home and asked him to take care of the spider situation….because even though I hate them, I can’t kill them…..go figure!
The positive side to this very shameful story is that while I was stuck in the pantry, I saw that we had Marshmallows!
I used to love when my mom would make Rice Krispie Squares when I was a kid! That’s why, when I saw that I had some marshmallows in the pantry, I decided to make something like Rice Krispies squares, but with some extra flavors!
If you are like me, you think Rice Krispies do not taste like anything…
I have to say that mixed into desserts, they add some awesome crunchiness!
Butterscotch – Skor (Toffee) – Peanut Butter – Marshmallows
Now that’s some serious flavors people!
If you have someone with a major sweet tooth in your family, make these!!!!Inspired by this recipe: http://cookiesandcups.com/avalanche-anyone/
Course: Dessert Yield: 16 servings Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 5 mins
- 300 Gram bag of butterscotch chips
- 1/3 Cup of peanut butter
- 2 Cup of mini marshmallows (the 1/2 cup is to be melted)
- 3 Cup of Rice Krispies
- 1/4 Cup of Skor (Toffee) Chips
- 1 Tablespoon of butter + enough to grease your 8x8 pan
- With butter, grease a 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter has melted, add 1/2 cup of marshmallows and stir constantly on medium heat until the marshmallows are fully melted. Turn the heat off and place your melted marshmallows in a large bowl and thoroughly mix in the Rice Krispies.
- In another bowl, put your butterscotch chips and melt in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time. Make sure to mix in between each time. When the butterscotch is completely melted, mix in the peanut butter and mix in the in the Rice Krispies mixture. Mix in the marshmallows in as well as the skor.
- Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and lightly press down with wet hands, but don't press too hard.
- Let it cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!