I don’t know about you but I like me some muffins!!
When I was a kid, my mom used to make me some banana chocolate chip muffins and I would just go crazy! They were my crack. No joke! I am ashamed to say that I would eat about 3 at a time. Especially when they would come out of the oven! Melted chocolate galore! Yum!
Try it out! It’s quick and yummy in my tummy! Wow…as if I just said that…
Anyways! Bon Appetit!Recipe slightly altered from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-crumb-muffins/
Course: Snacks Yield: 10 servings Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup of ground pecans
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, pureed
- 3/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 Cup of melted butter
- 1/3 Cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup of ground pecan, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.