WOW WOW WOW!!!
This is such an awesome recipe! So awesome that I might just go buy all the pumpkin puree cans that my local grocery store has to make sure I have enough to make a year’s worth of these delicious streusels!
= Pure Temptation. = Alex overeating again. = Life.
Ok maybe not life but it’s pretty damn good if you ask me!
So good that I ate half the bag of butterscotch chips before I even started making the dessert so…
I made these for this special event I volunteered at with Karl. It was an fundraising event to raise money for the local children’s hospital. This lovely lady, Katrine, started this 10 years ago and this year only, we raised a little more than 43,000$!!!
The event is actually a huge bake/lemonade/hot dogs/candy sale!
It was sooo much fun! It was really adorable to see all the kids helping out!!
Tres leches cupcakes that I made
Delicious muffins made by Katrine!
It felt so good to give back! With University, Work, the blog, I had so little time to help out!! You should start your own big bake sale for whatever cause you believe in! We need to give back! I know this might sound a bit corny but I have been so lucky all of my life! I have wonderful a wonderful and supporting family, I am healthy and I have the best boyfriend ever so it only makes sense for me to give back, give to those in need, to those who weren’t born as healthy as I am!
So go ahead and make this wonderful recipe and think of how you can give back to people in need!
AlexRecipe from: http://www.bakersroyale.com/bars-and-cookie-bars/pumpkin-pie-streusel-bars/#more-3231
Course: Dessert Yield: 12 servings Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 Cup of flour
- 1/2 + 1/4 Cup of sugar
- 3/4 Cup of dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 Cup of cold butter
- 1 1/2 Cup of quick cooking oats
- 3/4 Cup of pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 2 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground allspice
- a pinch of cloves
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven at 350F.
- *Use a 9x13 pan line with parchment paper*
- In a bowl mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar; cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Remove 3/4 cup of mixture and add in butterscotch chips. Set aside and reserve for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of parchment lined pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and pumpkin; add remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves and vanilla and mix until well blended. Pour over crust and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle reserved oat crumb mixture and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before storing. Cut into 2×2 squares and serve.
- ( I keep them in the fridge and take them out 30 minute before eating them but you can store them wrapped on the counter. They freeze well in an air tight container!)